Hear the voice of your customer.
Our Research and Customer Experience team is dedicated to truly understanding your customer and what it takes to convert. Our fully customizable suite of research and user experience services allows us to gather information and provide a prioritized roadmap for optimization.
Improve Conversion with Better Usability
Define the user perspective…
… to redefine the customer experience.
- Usability Testing
- Eye Tracking
- Emotional Testing
- Heuristic Evaluations
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Ethnographic Research
- Focus Groups
Is your site, product, mobile app, email or direct mail piece easy to use? Usability Testing evaluates a system or system design by observing real user interactions. We investigate product intuitiveness and overall usability, performing a detailed analysis to ensure that our results translate into actionable design improvements. Depending on the type of usability test conducted, we offer a wide range of deliverables, gathered in our lab or remotely:
- Collaborative recruiting and documented session strategy
- All-inclusive approach to participant recruiting and compensation
- Session transcripts and data with expert recommendations
- Abandonment points identified, with cause determined
- Visual illustrations and HD video recordings for easy reference
Do you see what your customers see? Eye tracking provides insight into the visual experience. The results allow our clients to optimize websites, physical products, direct mail, email, mobile experiences, and more.
- Determine areas of interest and areas that are ignored or not seen
- Assess the user decision-making process
- Explain inefficient or ineffective performance
- Identify scanning and search patterns
- Evaluate the match between visual design and business objectives
As the only marketing firm in the Midwest with both in-lab and mobile eye tracking capabilities, we offer an unparalleled first look into the customer’s decision-making process and behavioral patterns.
- Bee Swarm: displays areas of gaze fixation, where each colored ring indicates a different respondent
- Focus Maps: data is displayed using a gray scale, ranging from light (area of more focus) to dark (area of less focus)
- Heat Maps: data is displayed by a series of colors, ranging from light (areas of less focus) to dark (areas of more focus)
Feeling ok? Understanding how users emotionally respond to products and services can help refine and improve the overall customer experience and increase conversions. By using a 16-node, wireless EEG device, we monitor electrical impulses in the brain to measure user thoughts, feelings, expressions and levels of engagement in real-time. Whether they’re excited, frustrated or bored, EEG technology provides valuable, scientific and instantaneous insights to customer reactions. Facial expressions and nonverbal reactions can also be analyzed from brain waves, to present a powerful emotional picture of target users as they engage with products.
Need a quick evaluation of your work, in the true voice of a target user? We can review emails, direct mail pieces, websites, mobile sites, mobile apps, and software interfaces with an expert eye. Heuristics cover multiple aspects of design, including:
- Architecture and Navigation
- Labeling and Content
- Persuasiveness and Satisfaction
- Terminology and Credibility
We consider over 85 best practices for direct mail and over 100 best practices for email and websites in our high-level analysis. Deliverables include:
- Opportunities for improvement, prioritized by impact
- Actionable, strategic recommendations with every finding
CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAPPING
How do your customers experience your product or service? What does the holistic, multi-channel experience look like? And what opportunities are there to improve it?
Take a close look at your customers – their motivations, goals, frustrations, and brand reactions – and the process they go through in the multi-channel experience to identify ways to increase satisfaction, loyalty, and conversion.
Customer journey maps visually communicate the overall experience, explaining a customer’s non-linear journey, and in turn can help to:
- Guide strategic discussions, training exercises and design practices
- Identify opportunities to streamline communication efforts
- Determine what message to deliver and when to meet information needs
- Gain operational efficiencies
- Maintain focus during changes in organizational structure
- Identify inconsistencies and “choke points” across channels and touch points
- Maximize cross-channel consistency and efficiency
- Pinpoint and prioritize key moments/situations in the customer journey
- Inform development of contact and content strategies
- Find opportunities to differentiate and gain competitive advantages
- Create channel- and device-agnostic visions
- Determine if brand is delivering on its promise
Observe participant behavior in a natural setting, using real-world factors to answer questions about the true use of products and services.
With backgrounds in anthropology and user experience, our team can explore a wide range of real-world scenarios:
- Use of software in an office or other workplace
- Flow and layout of retail stores and public spaces (parks, sidewalks, bike paths)
- Use of products at home or how products were adapted for home use
- Use of promotional materials or services at home or work
Deliverables may include:
- Maps to show flow and interactions with spaces
- Light user personas or journey maps to show customer decision-making processes and judgments
- Reports with highlighted findings and expert recommendations
Need an inside look into the minds of specific target audiences? Our roundtable approach puts focus group participants first, allowing them to feel comfortable enough to freely express consumer preferences, product issues and personal opinions. The sessions are guided by expert moderators to keep the conversation on track, and best serve client objectives. Our state-of-the-art lab enables us to capture the best data to focus equally on every participant. Check out Precision Experience Lab℠ or schedule a visit to our facility. Deliverables Include:
- Collaborative recruiting and group strategy documentation
- All-inclusive approach to participant recruiting, compensation, and other costs
- A session report with findings, recommendations, analyst observations, survey data (if applicable) and select user comments
- Digital video recordings and session transcripts
The days of sterile lab environments and single one-way mirrors are over.
Our lab was built with usability testing in mind, from our focus on technology and functional layout, to the extra perks to make observing a study more enjoyable. The space enables our team of dedicated research and customer experience experts to provide unbiased, expert results. With over 2,100 square feet of dedicated customer research space, our lab allows clients to observe customer behavior in a state-of-the-art facility: